
My Journal: The Last 2 weeks I must say that I was feeling that the surgery was not worth it. As I said on my 6 week mark. I am done with pain killers, but so wished I still had a few. For those days and especially at night. It is still somewhat uncomfortable and painful at night. I still toss and turn a lot. I don’t really get a solid nights sleep. And the pain is not the typical arthritic pain we all learned to live with over years of time. It’s a different pain and a pain I am not use to. I don’t like it!!! The Aleve and other over the counter do not work!! 3 nights ago I found some Tramadol 50mg. !!!! I forgot I had it. This has helped to sleep at night.
While it takes some effort I can now raise my leg up while lying down. But will I ever be able to bend the hip out-ward? And will I ever be able to sleep on that side again? And will I always feel the heavy metal? I still follow those Do Not Do Rules. Sometimes it is hard though.
Yesterday I saw my doctor for my 8 week post op. X-rays look good. We are very hopeful that my leg will not be longer. But still need to give it more time. She did tell me to slow it down a bit. For it has only been 8 weeks and that I may be walking to much and this is why I still have some pain.
I asked her about Physical Therapy and why I did not receive any once discharged from the hospital. She said she doesn’t normally order it. But could if I wanted to receive PT. I strongly suggest people do go to PT. I feel it will help with all your questions and with making sure you are doing your exercises right.
While it takes some effort I can now raise my leg up while lying down. But will I ever be able to bend the hip out-ward? And will I ever be able to sleep on that side again? And will I always feel the heavy metal? I still follow those Do Not Do Rules. Sometimes it is hard though.
Yesterday I saw my doctor for my 8 week post op. X-rays look good. We are very hopeful that my leg will not be longer. But still need to give it more time. She did tell me to slow it down a bit. For it has only been 8 weeks and that I may be walking to much and this is why I still have some pain.
I asked her about Physical Therapy and why I did not receive any once discharged from the hospital. She said she doesn’t normally order it. But could if I wanted to receive PT. I strongly suggest people do go to PT. I feel it will help with all your questions and with making sure you are doing your exercises right.
After my Dr. Appointment I felt more encouraged and realized that I am just pushing it to fast. So the next time I post here I hope I am able to say for sure IT WAS WORTH IT!!??
No comments:
Post a Comment