Introduction

Hip Replacement My new HIP: June 22nd 2009, I received a new hip. 13 years ago I was diagnosed with degernerative arthritis of my Rt hip. Back then I was sure that the hip pain I was having was due to the epidural I received during labor of my 2nd child. It really shocked me that at age 38 I had a form of arthritis. The last 3 years I had 2 procedures to help with the pain. They were steroid injections right into the hip.The first one was like a miracle. I almost felt normal, minimal pain. It lasted for about 6 months. The 2nd one had no effect. So now my only option was surgery. So at age 51 I had the surgery using the Posterior approach. As a single parent and caring for a mentally disabled 13 yr old (Samantha) I had to relay on my oldest daughter (Jessica) age 31 to care for her sister while I was in the hospital and to assist me with my recovery. Samantha and I would stay with Jessica and her family (Hubby & my 2 grandsons) for the recovery. Jessica would be the one to drive me every where. Jessica planned to have me stay with her for 3 to 4 weeks. I planned on only 1 week. The excitement of getting back to my pre-hip NO PAIN days of going out dancing, play a round of golf, go to the Zoo, or something as simple as shopping for an hour or more was overwhelming as was the fear.

Wednesday, July 8

8th Day Monday June 29th

My Journal: I didnt take a oxy pain pill last night. wanted to see how I would do. Big mistake. The dreams are really getting out of hand, I am now talking in my sleep, Must be combination of the pain meds and the Chantix? Even though I broke down yesterday and made Jessica go get me some smokes. I even wake myself up with the talking. LOL.. and sweating. Oh great last thing I need now is night time sweats due to menopause. GREAT!!!! Todays pain was all over the place got back up to a steady 3-4. Ok I gotta stop skimping on the meds. I just want to save them for the days I gotta go to the DR. and all.. My foot is now really swollen. The futon Jessica borrowed is working out great, It is comfy and firm. And she made sure I had all kinds of pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment