Introduction

Hip Replacement My new HIP: June 22nd 2009, I received a new hip. 13 years ago I was diagnosed with degernerative arthritis of my Rt hip. Back then I was sure that the hip pain I was having was due to the epidural I received during labor of my 2nd child. It really shocked me that at age 38 I had a form of arthritis. The last 3 years I had 2 procedures to help with the pain. They were steroid injections right into the hip.The first one was like a miracle. I almost felt normal, minimal pain. It lasted for about 6 months. The 2nd one had no effect. So now my only option was surgery. So at age 51 I had the surgery using the Posterior approach. As a single parent and caring for a mentally disabled 13 yr old (Samantha) I had to relay on my oldest daughter (Jessica) age 31 to care for her sister while I was in the hospital and to assist me with my recovery. Samantha and I would stay with Jessica and her family (Hubby & my 2 grandsons) for the recovery. Jessica would be the one to drive me every where. Jessica planned to have me stay with her for 3 to 4 weeks. I planned on only 1 week. The excitement of getting back to my pre-hip NO PAIN days of going out dancing, play a round of golf, go to the Zoo, or something as simple as shopping for an hour or more was overwhelming as was the fear.

Wednesday, July 15

July 15th Wed 23 days

My Journal: I don't feel well at at all this morning. I didn't feel well yesterday either. Shivers, and sweats. Temp low 96.3 to 97. Is it withdrawal from the Dilaudid? Or just not moving around enough? I don't know but Its got to stop, Really feeling like I was better of with the old hip pain. Oh God I hope that changes. Its what we hear from every one else...................."Oh you will be so glad you did it"..........

No comments:

Post a Comment