
My Journal: Well the last few days have been pretty much the same. Other then I was more active. Out and about. I still toss and turn at night, dealing with the pain and not being able to sleep on my side. My operated side when i lay on it feels like I am laying on a rock. I still cant lift my operated leg when laying on my back. I can a little if a pillow is under my knee. So I have upped the number of lifts I do with the pillow. Yesterday I broke a few of the DON'T DO 3 RULES. Now not on purpose mind you. One was, While at the Chalet Tavern and having to use the bathroom and no raised or handicap toilet, I had to set very low, Good thing Jessica came with me for I couldn't get up on my own. Could of been very embarrassing. And then a few times I let my leg fall inward. OH MAN that really still hurts!!!!!! So needles to say Last night I did not get much sleep the pain had returned to a 3-4 and I had no more pain medicine, Well i did have 2 Valiums that my friend gave me, but they did not work very well. Thankfully today I picked up 40 more of the Diludid. So right now feeling GOOD!
Glad you were able to get a refill. So enuf for 10 days or so? Have you thought more of calling your dr to discuss getting authorization for Physical Therapy? Like we said, this is your life and you want to heal the best possible. I know it would be so helpful if a professional could just tell you, "Yes you are doing great! And it's normal to still have pain... etc"
ReplyDeleteAlso, now you know - bring your toilet seat raiser with you!! That'd be pretty embarrasing tho! I guess most places have the raised handicap stall...
Hope you sleep better tonight!
xoxoxo
your daughter, Jessica