Introduction

Hip Replacement My new HIP: June 22nd 2009, I received a new hip. 13 years ago I was diagnosed with degernerative arthritis of my Rt hip. Back then I was sure that the hip pain I was having was due to the epidural I received during labor of my 2nd child. It really shocked me that at age 38 I had a form of arthritis. The last 3 years I had 2 procedures to help with the pain. They were steroid injections right into the hip.The first one was like a miracle. I almost felt normal, minimal pain. It lasted for about 6 months. The 2nd one had no effect. So now my only option was surgery. So at age 51 I had the surgery using the Posterior approach. As a single parent and caring for a mentally disabled 13 yr old (Samantha) I had to relay on my oldest daughter (Jessica) age 31 to care for her sister while I was in the hospital and to assist me with my recovery. Samantha and I would stay with Jessica and her family (Hubby & my 2 grandsons) for the recovery. Jessica would be the one to drive me every where. Jessica planned to have me stay with her for 3 to 4 weeks. I planned on only 1 week. The excitement of getting back to my pre-hip NO PAIN days of going out dancing, play a round of golf, go to the Zoo, or something as simple as shopping for an hour or more was overwhelming as was the fear.

Wednesday, July 8

Day 2 June 23rd

12:00am New nurse Vickie. I called for more meds. got only 10mg of oxy and 3 Tylenol Are they kidding????!!!###. Had to move me to my good side. MFFF##$$%^# Why did they have to do that???? I was an 8 now I am a 10. And they say give it 20 min for the med to kick in.. Right how about now I am thinking. Kim the new PCA also warns me that she is not a very good morning person. Great!!! Not only is she holding out on me for meds, she is a bitch too...
1:00am Finally more meds, this went in the iv so lets hope works.
6:00am Well must of worked got some sleep. With lots of dreams. I had to get up at 4:30am to pee. This is was my first time getting up. it hurt like hell and not really the standing on the leg but the getting up and down. Freeken raised toilet set is at least 5 inches to high for me, my legs dangled i couldnt touch the floor. What they dont consider us short people??? As I am getting back into bed the stupid nurse let my leg fall inward oh man my pain is then a 20... at 5:00am I got 10mg of oxy and 3 more Tylenol. this is not working for me. Didnt they tell us that we dont want you in pain?? Or am i being a baby? 5:30am They gave me something in my IV this time its some sort of Muscle relaxer (Thorodol) the RN said it should kick in within a 1/2 hour. I was hoping so for then my leg felt like it was all twisted up from my foot to my hip was throbbing. Well It did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10:35am Kathy just left, Im feeling much better they are now giving me oxycotin. No PT yet or I havnt seen Dr. Cero. Gotta take another Chantix. Cant wait till i can go home...
11:30am Just finished with my first PT session. I walked 140ft. She said very good. I also got another dose of that Thorodol prior to doing the walk This so helps I hardly had any pain maybe at 2-3. 4:00pm At 3pm finished up my 2nd round of PT Well not PT this was the OT part. this OT person I can tell will drive me nuts. I tried to go #2 but nothing. my tummy is really gurgling. My IV fell out well not it was pulled out by accident by nurse Ruth, She is another strange one. I really want a smoke!!!!!! They keep forgetting to put my leg squeezers back on.!!! Can they all just be that stupid or what. Its not like I can bend down and do it.... 6:00pm Dr Cero just left. She said I was pretty bad, lots of inflammation and barely any cartilage left. She also said that my muscles were very very tight which happens when the cartilage is gone so made it a little harder and longer, one muscel was so tight and she couldnt just move it out of the way so she had to make a cut in it. Also something about my bones birth defect or something??? And also that I am very small boned and so that made it harder. She said to expect my recovery to take a little longer then most. I think I need some more thorodol.!!. They said I can only have 3 doses of the thorodol. I want to sleep tonight and i am starting to hurt 4-5. 10:00pm Well they only gave me some oxycotin around 6:30pm. It didnt help much. So finally around 9:30pm I got the last dose of that Thorodol. Earlier that wierd RN Ruth in here again she talks way to much and has this eye blinking thing. The LPN again forgot to turn on the leg pumps. 10:29pm I was trying to go to sleep, but noooo Ruth comes in to just chat What is her problem???? I had to tell her that I was going to sleep now. Then she walks out, But leaves the light on. the one I can reach unless I get out of bed!!_+$$%^. So I have to buzz her. This place ???? It cant be me. I am easy just leave me alone.......

No comments:

Post a Comment